I absolutely love pumpkin everything in the fall, but a lot of pumpkin-flavored treats can be unhealthy and loaded with sugar. I’m always looking for tasty, healthy ways to get some pumpkin in my diet so I can get all of the health benefits of pumpkin without eating a ton of added sugar.
So, I whipped up this Healthy Vanilla Pumpkin Protein Smoothie so I can easily get in the vitamins and nutrients in pumpkin and get in a little extra protein, too. I used Viva Vanilla Vega Protein Smoothie for my protein powder, which I love because it’s plant-based and sweetened with Stevia. I also like that this recipe is flexible: this smoothie can be a vegan smoothie if you use plant-based protein powder and non-dairy milk.
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Sweet relief for your tight, sore hips!
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 c Canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1 c Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ice as Desired
- Sweetener to taste (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- If you want more vanilla flavor, add in a splash of vanilla extract.
How often do you make smoothies?
What’s your favorite smoothie ingredient?
What’s your favorite fall flavor/treat?