It’s Sunday, which means it’s time for a recap of my weekly workouts! Here’s what I’ve been up to this week:
Monday – Rest
- Very sore from my marathon!
Tuesday – Rest + Massage
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Sweet relief for your tight, sore hips!
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
- I felt so much better after my massage! I was still sore, but the massage really helped loosen up my leg muscles.
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – 4 mile recovery run (11:29 min/mi avg.)
- My first post-marathon run felt great! I still felt little twinges in my shins but overall I was surprised at how good my legs felt, especially considering how sore I was on Monday and Tuesday.
Friday – Rest
Saturday – 4 miles easy run (11:01 min/mi avg.)
- Ran a little faster than I should have–this run was supposed to be a recovery run, but I got lost in thought and forgot to keep my pace nice and slow.
Sunday – Rest
- Planned to run 5 miles at recovery pace but my left IT band and the outside of my left knee were giving me twinges on Saturday. It’s not worth injuring myself trying to rush back from my marathon!
How did your runs/workouts go this week?
When’s your next race?
How long do you take off from running after a big race?